What's new

Real Estate Photography

DivadWaldoss

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
144
Reaction score
53
Location
United States
Hey Guys!
It's been a WHILE since I've posted anything, so I thought I'd share a recent real estate shoot I did. Let me know what you think!

$Twilight.webp
$bedroom 1.webp
$bedroom 2.webp
$Cabin Room.webp
$Fireplace.webp
$kitchen 1.webp
$main floor.webp
$Office.webp
$Upstairs.webp
 
Not bad; two things stand out as needing work: Your perspectives are all over the place (skewed verticals, "sloping" floors, etc) and your needed wayyy more light inside to balance the bright/blown windows.
 
These are not bad, but these shots are more about the furniture than the architecture. Even the outdoor shot seems cluttered.
 
Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought I fixed the verticals, but I guess I didn't do it correctly? And what do you mean by sloping floors?
As for the furniture, the house was so "decorated" I don't know if it was possible to not look cluttered/like I was shooting the furniture. However I believe the house is being sold as is/furnished, so maybe not a terrible thing?

If anyone has any advice on the perspectives let me know!

Edit: Also this was my first time ever shooting real estate/architecture.
 
For the windows.... go to the window and take meter reading to the outside (as if planning to shoot the outside). Then add lighting to the inside to bring the exposure up ... preferably to within a stop... E.g. Around 2/3rds of a stop down from the outside exposure will make the windows easily manageable and avoid them looking blown out.

In the pre-dawn or post-sunset minutes, the strength of the outdoor light is greatly diminished... but you don't have much time to work.

Even the outdoors shots will look better as you can get a richer dusky blue sky and interior lighting through the windows (as seen from outside) adds inviting warmth to the house.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom