"Realistic" HDRs C&C wanted.

X2 on post number 14

Love them! What program did you use? Can you explain how you did these or is it a secret.. ? :)

It's all about exposure bracketing. Taking 3 or more pictures at different exposure values, which you can do with the exposure compensation on most cameras. There are a lot of programs out there that can create hdr's the most popular would have to be photomatix, Photoshop cs2 has a merge to hdr feature and cs3 has even more functionality. Most hdr's have been run through a process call tone mapping which is in photomatix and really there is no set standard for tone mapping an image it is all specifically for that photo.

The site below has many tutorials and knowledgable people such as rhommel in this thread that should help you out a lot more than i can.

http://www.hdrphotos.net

Digging the last picture. Super vivid. I like the realistic HDR, it is much easier to look at.

Love them! What program did you use? Can you explain how you did these or is it a secret.. ?

Im totally sorry I forgot about this thread... I got a reply from Alex_B and no one was in this thread for a while so I gave up on it.

I always give people this link:
http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/

because imo its the best HDR tutorial.

For my HDRs I pretty much started with the settings from that guide a while back and made adjustments here and there. Now I pretty much use the same settings for every HDR, then a little processing in PS.

thx you guys who complimented the pictures.

Here is one I shot yesturday and made with 5 exposures off one RAW:
It didnt turn out exactly the way I wanted but its still fine.

Brooklyn Family Court, right by NYC College of Tech. and Polytechnic Univ.
brooklynfamilycourtqf0.jpg

Made this one just right now...

This is more of what of what I wanted my HDRs to look like (other than the clouds):

One of the many buildings owned by Polytechnic University in this area.
polytechnictwonu6.jpg

Most reactions

Back