Really happy with some of these - Seven Sisters

sam_justice

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.samueljustice.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Horribly grey day but only day I could go down to Seven Sisters to take some pics, I pursued down there and got a ray of light (quite literally). These are some of the results, all unprocessed thus far. For some reason, photobucket has sucked the life out them, the colours appear washed out (no oranges just yellows) and has darken the images dramatically.

C&C Please!!

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

I won't comment on the colors, then, since I don't know what theyre like in the ones you meant to put here. But I really love the scene in #'s 2 and 3. It seems like a beautiful place, and you set it up nicely in those two.

nice set!

just out of curiosity....why attach from photobucket if you have a flickr?...i have heard that pbucket is pretty bad with compression and colors. i feel like my flickr ones come out pretty accurately.

im liking #1 (number your pics for easy reference;)).
it looks cold and desolate...i would consider burning in some of the darker clouds for a more dramatic sky.

nicely done overall.:thumbup:

I use photobucket to host for TPF to gauge which one is the best (I'm a terrible self critic and don't trust my own judgement, something I need to get over) I then process and flickrize it!

I don't know if it was intentional or not (given the discussion on flickr vs photobucket) but I love how vibrant the colors came out in #3 with the sunset and its reflection in the wet sand.

Wow, I really love the post-processing you did on that one. The pic just pops-out. Would you care to share your pp secrets?

Wow, I really love the post-processing you did on that one. The pic just pops-out. Would you care to share your pp secrets?

Sure, used lightrooms (although this can be done in PS) adjustment brush and painted the sky, then adjusted the brushes settings (I edited the contrast and stopped down the exposure a bit (I think one and a half stops)).

A did a similar thing to the sand with the adjustment brush (although I forget what settings I edited, I usually just do things on a whim if I know what I want to achieve).

Then opened it up on PS, created a new layer and then painted the rocks on the beach white, set the layer to overlay and played with the opacity until it felt right. Then did a similar thing to the mountains but used a soft yellow.

Then created a new adjustment layer and saturated the yellows a bit to bring out the sun and the colours on the clouds.

Finally, did some sharpening on it and it was ready to go!

Sure, used lightrooms (although this can be done in PS) adjustment brush and painted the sky, then adjusted the brushes settings (I edited the contrast and stopped down the exposure a bit (I think one and a half stops)).

A did a similar thing to the sand with the adjustment brush (although I forget what settings I edited, I usually just do things on a whim if I know what I want to achieve).

Then opened it up on PS, created a new layer and then painted the rocks on the beach white, set the layer to overlay and played with the opacity until it felt right. Then did a similar thing to the mountains but used a soft yellow.

Then created a new adjustment layer and saturated the yellows a bit to bring out the sun and the colours on the clouds.

Finally, did some sharpening on it and it was ready to go!

Looks gorgeous! Thank you!

For some reason, photobucket has sucked the life out them, the colours appear washed out (no oranges just yellows) and has darken the images dramatically.

It's not necessarily a photobucket issue, it may be a colorspace issue. sRGB is used for the intertubes, and not all browsers recognize ProPhoto, or Adobe RGB colorspaces, which typically will then display darker, and duller colors. :mrgreen:

For some reason, photobucket has sucked the life out them, the colours appear washed out (no oranges just yellows) and has darken the images dramatically.

It's not necessarily a photobucket issue, it may be a colorspace issue. sRGB is used for the intertubes, and not all browsers recognize ProPhoto, or Adobe RGB colorspaces, which typically will then display darker, and duller colors. :mrgreen:

Thanks for that, I never knew that.

Edited another one, what do you guys think? I'm not so keen on it, the colours are over saturated but it's the only way to pull off the composition I wanted. I think I'll have to go back when the weathers better for this one.
20942750.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back