Really like the rangefinder

Dave Maciak

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have had the XPRO3 now for a while. It really is a great rig, albeit a few moans and gripes as with any camera. Size and, weight, build, all work for me. Some controls too sensitive or too small. Got used to checking them. Can a camera be attractive-nice appearance? IMHO this one is. Get several approving comments on the way it looks it's black---usually with the additional "where do you get the film developed?" Ha!
After years of SLR's and DSLR's I find it refreshing. I seem to use the optical viewfinder more often then not, although the electrical viewfinder produces the best clarity I've seen. Now, the much maligned monitor cover. For me, no problem, for some (constant chimpers) a big problem. I'll not get into that debate, however! I do find the menu's "busy" but effective. Also I can't really tell if the film type menu really makes a difference-however, it renders all colors magnificently, B+W outstanding, as well.
I'll not abandon my Nikons, which are my primary cameras almost daily use, or, the one of two Leicas' I own but they get little use these days.
It works for me. I've added a Fuji grip, and thumb rest, usually use 23mm or 35mm glass.
So to the 2 folks who mailed me wanting an opinion, here it is.

I love the look of the camera and it's intended use or design but I am a left eye shooter. I had a XP2 and the left eye thing annoyed me, I'm a center guy. At some point, I will get down to just one digital. Probably when the XH2 comes out. I'll sell my other stuff to fund it.

I'm also left eye shooter. No problems

Most reactions

Back