Really quick question about the Sony Alpha 200

ownageplocks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
first, is it a good camera,

secondly, how do i get it so i can see what im about to shoot in the LCD screen?(im probably an idiot) but im only 15

I don't think the a200 has a 'Live View' type option. Just stick your eye up to the viewfinder and get familiar with exposure.

first, is it a good camera,

secondly, how do i get it so i can see what im about to shoot in the LCD screen?(im probably an idiot) but im only 15

first, yes

secondly, you can't.

As with many digital SLR cameras the screen does not show what the lens
"sees" before taking a picture, only afterward. This is normal operation for
that model and many others.

I have the a200 and I am really happy with it. You will not get any help from these people if you choose the dark side of Sony:D You will have to join me as a black sheep.......

Secondly, the a200 does not have the live view feature, you would have to go up to the a350

I have the a200 and I am really happy with it. You will not get any help from these people if you choose the dark side of Sony:D You will have to join me as a black sheep.......

Secondly, the a200 does not have the live view feature, you would have to go up to the a350

haha, well it seems that ive already chosen this side ;P

hmm well thanks to you especially and thanks to everyone else :D

"live view" is for point and shoots. most people use the viewfinder on an SLR. No matter how good they are, theres gonna be lag with "live view" and if you look through the viewfinder, only lag is your brain's processing time! AND to top it off, live view eats battery life! funny how for years no one needed "live view" on film SLR cameras...

The A200 is a great camera, I love mine! Now i need money for lenses and a flash...

Do you like your Tamron 70-300?

I can't decide between a 70-300 or the Sony 18-200 mm. Seems like the Sony lens would be more versatile; however, the Sony costs about $300 more than the Tamron.

I just bought an A-200k, so the dark side is gathering forces... :thumbup:

+1 for Sony A200

The new A300 model has the Live View and LCD flip out options which can be really useful sometimes. The only thing is it's even bigger & bulkier than the A200 (which is big to begin with!)

Do you like your Tamron 70-300?

I can't decide between a 70-300 or the Sony 18-200 mm. Seems like the Sony lens would be more versatile; however, the Sony costs about $300 more than the Tamron.

The Tamron is nice and crisp, all the reviews I read rated it higher than the Sony you are thinking about buying. The macro mode is alos really nice, Sabbath that lurks here has the Tamron lense as well and he produces some really nice stuff...

If the A200 feels right in your hands, then it is a fantastic camera. If it feels odd, then it's awful :D. It's all up to you, but the A200 is still a very capable camera.

DSLRs are only just starting to have live-view features, like the Sony A350 and Canon EOS 450D. Of course, these features are only useful if it is impossible to look through the viewfinder; there is "lag", when you move from a low-light area to a high-light area the screen goes completely white, and it's generally not as nice and natural as using a viewfinder.

Plus if you look through the viewfinder and adopt a stupid pose, you'll look like a pro! :lol:

Mark me down as a member of the dark side.

I've had my A200 about a month and love it.

As I'm getting better (mainly taking aussie rules photos) the camera is becoming easier to use and there for the photos are getting better.

I'm chasing some lenses, can't find too many which is the only down side but knew that going in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back