Received the battery grip for my D5100 today.

Tyler S

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently I found out that a Chinese based company (Meike) came out with a battery grip for the D5100 only about 16 days or so ago. I knew from the get go that it probably would not be that great of quality, but since Nikon doesn't made a grip for the D5100 I decided to check it out. Lots of them were being sold on eBay, and the prices were pretty cheap. Many were between $20-30. I decided to order one from this seller - Battery Grip for Nikon D5100 DSLR EN-EL14 - eBay (item 120752182547 end time Aug-18-11 23:00:03 PDT) . $27.33, free shipping, and they are not located in China. I ordered the grip and received it today, after 3 days.

Here is the pic of the box -
fk8ap4.jpg

After opening it, inside there is a company card, manual, and obviously the grip wrapped in bubble wrap. The grip itself matches the color of the D5100. It has a textured grip on the front and the rest is plastic like the D5100. It attaches just fine, albeit the battery door isn't extremely tight by any means. A downside to this grip would be that you have to attach a small cord from the gps plug into the side of the grip in order to use the vertical shutter release. It doesn't get in the way all that much though. Here are some more pictures :

2nc44m0.jpg

2w3e537.jpg

2iwaira.jpg

f4qs12.jpg

For $27.33, I'd say this grip was well worth it. It may not be built that well, but it does provide much better grip, a vertical shutter release, and the ability to hold two batteries.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I recently purchased a D5100 and would love to know if you are still happy with the grip.

I can't speak for the 5100 grip, but i got their grip fro the D90 a few months ago...and it's holding up like a champ. stays snug to the body...never came loose at all. shutter button and af lock buttons still function flawlessly.
so i stand by the brand, and would purchase again. :thumbup:

Tyler,
The grip looks great $28 what's not to like? Expect delivery of mine mid week. You would think some amount of time
went into designing it (since it's aftermarket) who the hell was in charge of measuring the distance between the
grip and the camera to establish the cable length??

I have a grip from them for my 50D and for my 7d. I am EXTREMELY pleased with them. Especially for the price!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back