Recent Birds

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are a few recent shots of birds that I've enjoyed :)

These branches are often in shadow but the birds love to stage here and drop in from them to the seeds, I usually miss this shot but finally got one dropping into the light :)

IMG_5303-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

These Mourning Doves are incredibly powerful birds, their take off is impressive!

IMG_5612-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

I'm still after these Swallows to get "the" shot, this one turned out more like a painting and I quite like the effect, I see it as a greeting card perhaps.

IMG_3234-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

We have a pair of these Indigo Buntings, they are stunning but with only two and they are way more skittish than the Goldfinches they hang out with so I get very few shots of them :(

IMG_6395-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Finally, this isn't the best Hummingbird shot but the detail in the wings just makes my heart sing :)

IMG_7038_2-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Nice shots your swallows look more like a Eastern King bird

Thanks Rod, you very well may be right! I've just started shooting the swallows and saw this one in the field around the Hawthorns that are in bloom and just assumed this was a swallow too, looking at the picture I'm pretty convinced it isn't one and rather the Eastern King bird and that's way cool!

I like these shots. The dove shot is the one I favor. It shows it's eyes clear and determined, it freezes the motion of its flight, the bird jumps from the background that is slightly out of focus and implied, very very nicely done IMO.

I'm so jealous of your Dove picture now, I've been trying to get something like this for a while now. Although I've been close, but nothing worth sharing unfortunately :(
Awesome shots Judi. :)

Lovely! They are all beautiful but the dove is a favorite of mine as well.

Thanks all :)

Raj, I've been after this shot forever, these guys have such an explosive crazy fast takeoff and always are giving you that tense stinkeye normally by the time I realize its going to go its gone and I've got yet another dove butt lol!

Me too, Judi -- the mourning dove shot takes the cake in this series of yours and I like the swallow too, but there's something about its eye shot that I did not like. Overall the whole series really rocks!

Thanks all :)

Raj, I've been after this shot forever, these guys have such an explosive crazy fast takeoff and always are giving you that tense stinkeye normally by the time I realize its going to go its gone and I've got yet another dove butt lol!

May I inject a thought for you here? A bird will normally poop just before flight. In case you don't already know that it may help for an easier capture.

Love these - that Dove one is my favorite. I see Doves as a sign of tranquility/peace...

I Love that dove shot!! It is an impressive pose you've captured. Dove are too fast for me to capture in flight.
I also like the ruby throated hummer!

Lovely pictures, #5 is my favourite. I long forward to take such pictures!!!

Those Buntings are amazing in the blue department Judi, a really GORGEOUS bird that one. Gees, you picked tough lighting in that first shot but it came out darn well. Nice timing and great to see. Yeah I don't think that's a Swallow, Eastern Kingbird, never heard of it, but will google it for sure. Nice looking bird that one and another great timed shot. All great shots Judi, good on you.

All the best Judi.

Danny.

Thanks so much all :)

Danny, thanks! That Indigo Bunting is definitely one of my favourite birds around here, I have very few pictures of them because there is only two but thrilled they stuck around this year! The last two years they just passed through in the spring. Fingers crossed for babies and more photo ops! ;)

Most reactions

Back