Recent Children's sessions

sxesweets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A couple from some recent children's sessions. Thoughts please and thank you...

Attachments

• $_DSC0075.jpg
    $_DSC0075.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 164
  • $_DSC0094-2.jpg
    $_DSC0094-2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
  • $_DSC0044-2.jpg
    $_DSC0044-2.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 147
Well... I'm afraid to me, these don't look like they should be session images. The top is soft, and rather oddly composed for a child's portrait; remember, there's a reason that the vertical orientation is referred to as the 'portrait' orientation. To me this one looks like a "Mommy's moment captured with a cell phone" shot. The lower monochrome has an interesting epression, but more in a fine-art shot rather than child's portrait sort of way. This one is soft and VERY noisy. The colour image is cute, and IMO, the strongest of the three, but it too is soft and very noisy, and I think would benefit from the the removal of some of the empty space above the child's head.

If these are 'for a friend', unpaid shots, they're fine, 'though you do need to sort out the noise and focus issues. You don't by any chance have a cheap, UV "protection" filter on that lens do you? If these are paid, commissioned shots, I'm afraid I wouldn't be overly pleased to receive them.

These pictures do look weird now that you mention it...

Thanks for the feedback, I should have looked closer at them before leaving the post for comments.

The two on the top were both natural light but are incredibly crisp and focused in my original files. The third was done to keep the little girl happy while mommy was changing during a maternity session (my second) and I was changing lighting around.

My favorite would have to be the first, but only because you have captured an adorable expression. The noise issue is unacceptable for a client, if these are blown up on a wall, the noise is going to be even more obvious. I would take a serious look at your gear and try to figure out what the issue is, the D90 should be able to handle an ISO of 400 without a problem. I wonder if they were underexposed SOOC, and the noise is from trying to recover that??

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back