Recent Engagement Shoot

#3 is the one that reallsy stands out for me, composition and colour wise. The cute pose ddn't hurt either ;)

I like no3 but would have to get them spot on centre and get the fat man in the background out of shot or, dare I mention this, retouch him out.

I think the last one is the best shot of them as a couple and seems to chow some real warmth between them, good job

and get the fat man in the background out of shot or, dare I mention this, retouch him out.
How about I zap all the people out?
4418-2.jpg

So much better don't you think?

Real focus on the couple now and not anything in the background to draw the eye.

i also think in this case it gives a better sense of the two of them together forsaking (sp) all others, brings a tear to my eye.

Nice job. Always standing upright to take photos is what everyone else does. Try lower perspectives. If you want full body (ESPECIALLY WITH WIDE ANGLE) make sure you are about waist level. The posing isn't too bad but could use some work. For starters, don't have them stand flat footed. Put the weight on the back foot and they'll look better. Feet that are side by side and facing the exact same direction looks stiff so watch for that too.
I like #7 best--nice shadow, and composition with the lines and framing and what not....just get lower. :)

Hate the shoes they are wearing for portraits...but overall nice shots! :)

You took the words right out of my mouth! :wink:

Otherwise my favorite...,is the close up where the girl is standing behind him with her arms wrapped around his chest. (sorry, don't remember the number)

Thanks for all the comments :D

Nice job. Always standing upright to take photos is what everyone else does. Try lower perspectives. If you want full body (ESPECIALLY WITH WIDE ANGLE) make sure you are about waist level. The posing isn't too bad but could use some work. For starters, don't have them stand flat footed. Put the weight on the back foot and they'll look better. Feet that are side by side and facing the exact same direction looks stiff so watch for that too.
I like #7 best--nice shadow, and composition with the lines and framing and what not....just get lower
For #5, I was almost laying in the water :lol:
Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it.

#6 = :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

#7 = :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You can see the thought put into these, Mike. Super job. I like that they are wearing greens/neutrals, too. Were they happy with your stuff? They should be!

I like the shadow in #7.

Not your fault but their smiles look fake and forced. Are you sure they like each other? ;-) LOL

You can see the thought put into these, Mike. Super job. I like that they are wearing greens/neutrals, too. Were they happy with your stuff? They should be!
I made sure they were wearing complimentary outfits...although, they were 15 minutes late because she had to find something to match his shirt. And yes, they seemed to be very pleased with these.

Not your fault but their smiles look fake and forced.
that was my first impression as well...

my favorite is #2 followed by #4 (the most natural of the expressions), 9 and 11...

i actually instructed my wedding photographer to say dirty words so that my husband would have a more relaxed smile/giggle...he was mortified, but saw it was the only thing that worked...LOL...:lol:

I agree, their similes are not the most natural looking...and as the photographer...a lot of the blame for that should fall onto me. Getting people to smile and look natural...that is a skill or trait that really good photographers have...and I need to work on.

That is part of why I did their engagement shoot (I did it for free, as part of their wedding package)...to build a repore with them, so that they are comfortable and natural looking for their wedding shots.

Myself, I'm a terrible smiler...I just can't force myself to smile in a natural way...and all my own wedding photos reflect this. The groom here isn't the most smiley guy and I was fairly happy with what I got out of him. She, on the other hand, is quite smiley but starts 'posing' when the camera is on her...rather than acting natural.

Actually, about 1/3 of the total shots had one of them with closed eyes or no smile at all. They were impressed that all the ones I showed them had open eyes. :lol:

Most reactions

Back