What's new

Recent Matt and Kim concert 9-28-2012

myvinyl333

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 16, 2010
Messages
535
Reaction score
32
Location
Eastern Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have not posted anything for a while. I was asked to shoot the University of Iowa 2012 Homecoming concert. Matt and Kim were surprisingly good. CC appreciated.

$Matt and Kim University of Iowa 2012 Homecoming (1 of 1).webp$Kim University of Iowa 2012 Homecoming (1 of 1)-3.webp$Kim  University of Iowa 2012 Homecoming (1 of 1)-2.webp
 
Last edited:
Why has there been no C&C on these concert photos? Just kind of wondering.

Does anybody have anything to say about these? Which is the best photo? I personally think shot #2, with the confetti in the air, her butt on display, and all the smart phones held aloft and shooting video is the best of the three shots.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
 
I went to the web site and looked at the entire set. I think you have a couple other photos from this performance, several of which some people might consider to be a bit better than these. Deciding what are one's best shots is sometimes a difficult thing.
 
Cannot decide as I have a thing for Kim. Something about a female drummer?

$Kim  University of Iowa 2012 Homecoming (1 of 1).webp$Matt and Kim  University of Iowa 2012 Homecoming (1 of 1)-6.webp$Kim  University of Iowa 2012 Homecoming (1 of 1)-10.webp
 
Wow...amazing...as you know, I don't have much to offer on the technical side but I LOVE the confetti shot and your first shot of Kim in post #4.
 
Oh yeah, the second group is WAY better.

I do love the one with her being held aloft, but her hand being cutoff seems unfortunate.

In the first one her face is obstructed and the dude looks like he's slumped over dead or something. The third is cut off strangely.

Shooting bands is tough from what I've seen. The lighting is a nightmare and the people are constantly moving and changing expressions and such. You have to shoot a lot, shoot wide, crop in later. (again, from what I've seen so far in my limited experience) You want to get emotion, action and interesting light.

Again, your second set that you posted seemed great.
 
Oh yeah, the second group is WAY better.

I do love the one with her being held aloft, but her hand being cutoff seems unfortunate.

In the first one her face is obstructed and the dude looks like he's slumped over dead or something. The third is cut off strangely.

Shooting bands is tough from what I've seen. The lighting is a nightmare and the people are constantly moving and changing expressions and such. You have to shoot a lot, shoot wide, crop in later. (again, from what I've seen so far in my limited experience) You want to get emotion, action and interesting light.

Again, your second set that you posted seemed great.

You are correct. I take hundreds of shots , bracket like crazy and try to think what will they do or be next. Yes the loss of Kim's hand was really to bad. I have others of her walking on the crowd, but this one drew out all the cell phones fast.
Thank you very much. The adrenaline rush of concert shooting is very cool.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom