What's new

recent pictures (feedback please)

Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Location
Atlanta, GA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We just took these today.
Let us know how you like them.

pic1.jpg








SheltonSmoking.jpg





lamp.jpg


 
I like these pictures! they show a calm relaxed mood!
 
I like the first one but not really liking the selective coloring.
 
yeah, we were just trying it out
i have always liked selective coloring, but then again, some people don't.

thanks though, we appreciate other's opinions
 
#1 is the best image. I wonder what was going on in that moment in time.
I like it alot.

Tommy
 
Nothing really stands out about them to me. But I'm biased, had a friend die of lung cancer.

Selective coloring is a bit cliche'. The light i kinda like, the white balance feels off tho.
 
thanks to both of you.


we are here to get better.


so thank you for helping us out and leaving a comment.
 
I also like the first photo best. :thumbup:
 
First one is cool, I like.

Also not really a fan of selective colouring, but you do make interesting use if it. I would like to see a monotone version of #1, without the colouring.


Good stuff.
 
thank you all very much for the feedback
we really appreciate it all


i will probably put another post up tonight


thank you all
 
I'm sorry but I don't care for these at all.
Since it seems you really want to be a good photographer, I'll tell you exactly what I think, without the BS.

The selective color attracts attention to what? Her hat band and the cigarette? Are these the important elements of the image?
For a wonderful example of what selective color can do look at "Schindler's List" and look for the red coat scenes.

The BW conversions are mediocre and that's because the underlying color images were made with on-camera flash and that washes out all the shadows that make BW pictures good.

The picture of the chandelier is just pointless with no real interest at all.

The pictures aren't very sharp, they were shot at a small f stop and so the DOF is too shallow.

My suggestion is to absolutely stop trying to take 'cool' pictures at odd angles and then post-processing them to be even 'cooler'. These get old almost immediately as your audience gets older.

Go take lots of conventional pictures and learn exposure control and composition.

I hope this is accepted in the way it is meant?

Lew
 
I like the first two but I dont like the fact that the cigarette is one of the main points to the focus, but thats personal because I dont like smoking, I like the colouring of her hoodie, and his hair band in that first one, but I dont know about the ring.

The last pic is just too orange to and doesnt have the same pop as the first pic
 
I'm sorry but I don't care for these at all.
Since it seems you really want to be a good photographer, I'll tell you exactly what I think, without the BS.

The selective color attracts attention to what? Her hat band and the cigarette? Are these the important elements of the image?
For a wonderful example of what selective color can do look at "Schindler's List" and look for the red coat scenes.

The BW conversions are mediocre and that's because the underlying color images were made with on-camera flash and that washes out all the shadows that make BW pictures good.

The picture of the chandelier is just pointless with no real interest at all.

The pictures aren't very sharp, they were shot at a small f stop and so the DOF is too shallow.

My suggestion is to absolutely stop trying to take 'cool' pictures at odd angles and then post-processing them to be even 'cooler'. These get old almost immediately as your audience gets older.

Go take lots of conventional pictures and learn exposure control and composition.

I hope this is accepted in the way it is meant?

Lew

I pretty much agree. These pics don't really do anything for me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom