Recent trip to Baltimore

jlykins

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jlykinsphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from my trip to Baltimore. I was there for a birthday bash so I didn't get to shoot much other than the party, but here are a few from that venue. CC always welcome.

DSC_6937.jpg

DSC_7150.jpg

DSC_6916.jpg

DSC_6927-3.jpg

DSC_6937.jpg

DSC_7030.jpg

If you welcome it my critiques would be framing. The top one and the third one especially there's a good 1/4 to 1/5th of the frame full not nothingness. The rule of 3rds is good and all, but it is just a guide. I'd prefer to see more subject and less background.

Also on the 3rd it looks like it was half white balance corrected thanks to the 2 different light sources (natural and tungsten from what I can tell). Unfortunately this gave it a bit of a sickly yellow colour which could either do with a bit of correction, or add some red for warmth.

These are just my opinions, that doesn't make them right.

Thanks! I left the pictures uncropped because I'm trying to get better framing in the viewfinder instead of PS. You're right on the yellow, I shot in raw so I should be able to fix that.

Either way, I suppose. But I'm kinda partial to mixed lighting. What I would have like to see was the whole tray in focus in #4.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back