Recent wedding

Tolyk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, did another wedding about 3 weeks back. I tried to do more fun shots with the bride and groom, but only one really came out looking nice. Let me know what you guys think (Btw, any tips on my editing would be much appreciated. If I need to enhance colours, or down the contrast, or anything like that, please tell me)

Anyway, here goes:

1. We had some lovely pillars, so thought I'd use 'em.

2. And this is the fun shot I like.

3. Just a random shot that turned out nicely.
decoration.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/tolyk/wedding/BandH/decoration.jpg

#1. I'm not feeling it. She is looking at him, but what is he looking at? The nice green area in the background is stealing attention away from the subjects. The woodwork above the bride is distracting, it almost looks like horns or antlers on her :shock:.
The composition with the pillars and what I assume to wide angle distortion...seems to emphasize the distance between them. I'd like to see this shot with a long focal length and wide aperture, to blow the BG out of focus and have them looking at each other...maybe reaching out their hands to each other etc.
Maybe convert to B&W or at least take the color out of the background.

#2. This one is better. A great look from the bride.
I don't like that the pillar is slanted to the right. Also, the pillar is brighter than the bride, or her face anyway. I'd like to see the bride more prominent in the image...maybe use dodging & burning or some layer masks to change the image so that the viewer's eye goes to her face with more ease. Maybe it would also help to make this one a horizontal crop around their heads & torsos.

#3. I'd like to see a bit more DOF, so the subject is more in focus and the detail can be seen better.

#1. I'm not feeling it. She is looking at him, but what is he looking at? The nice green area in the background is stealing attention away from the subjects. The woodwork above the bride is distracting, it almost looks like horns or antlers on her :shock:.
The composition with the pillars and what I assume to wide angle distortion...seems to emphasize the distance between them. I'd like to see this shot with a long focal length and wide aperture, to blow the BG out of focus and have them looking at each other...maybe reaching out their hands to each other etc.
Maybe convert to B&W or at least take the color out of the background.

#2. This one is better. A great look from the bride.
I don't like that the pillar is slanted to the right. Also, the pillar is brighter than the bride, or her face anyway. I'd like to see the bride more prominent in the image...maybe use dodging & burning or some layer masks to change the image so that the viewer's eye goes to her face with more ease. Maybe it would also help to make this one a horizontal crop around their heads & torsos.

#3. I'd like to see a bit more DOF, so the subject is more in focus and the detail can be seen better.
Thanks Mike!

#3 was done with close-up filters, thus the DOF issues :p I'll keep that one in mind (I was going to ask if I could have one of the butterflies, they were purdy)

I'll try that dodging and burning and see what I can do.

#1, the edit came out very odd looking, seeing it on the website now. Colour cast is off, and you're definitely right about him looking off into space. Sadly I only took that one version of that shot. I'll definitely keep that in mind for future shoots though, thanks again man

Most reactions

Back