Recent Work

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some of my recent work, would love any feed back / critique you want to give. Always looking for ways to improve!

#1 Death Valley Mesquite Dunes at sunset. D90, hand held 2 shot blend.

6287533913_6e4e53d661_o.jpg

#2 Laguna Beach Last Light, D7000 single shot, high ISO

6285435036_27b1b01485_o.jpg

#3 Sabrina Basin, D7000 single shot
6245062977_25e069451b_o.jpg

#4 Laguna Again, D7000 single shot
6239933892_cff02641f4_o.jpg

thanks for looking!

Amazing photo's what is it that has taken you to such awesome locations?

Excellent works done man!!! Totally like a postcard. I love it so much.

I like the seascapes. What was your shutter speed on these? Vury neece!

They're generally a little over-processed for my taste, but I really like the first one. The dunes are beautiful and their contrast with the peaks and the sky is very interesting, but the over-the-top color in the top third of the frame throws it out of balance, at least imo.

I like the seascapes. What was your shutter speed on these? Vury neece!

Thanks, #2 is f/9, ISO 400, 10mm, 0.6 sec
#4 is f/7, ISO 100, 10mm, 0.8 sec

Ken, yup to each his own. I do prefer colorful vibrant images.

#1 is heavily processed for the sand because it was in shadow, and grainy as a result of lightening it. The color cast of the sand is hard to figure out on the dunes at sunset, its always changing and I did manual white balance from memory. The light on the mountains was that good. I do agree that it would be much more balanced / better if the orange glow extended all the way across the image. silly mountains blocking the light.

#2. Very dark image to start with, and the blue cast is from the auto WB in near darkness (all my nikons have trended that way). I left it, thought it added to the mood. I increased mid tone luminosity saturation a bit.

#3. basically as it was. high pass filter on soft blend for pop and levels adjust to bring the blacks back. I waited at the scene until the sun was on the trees and nothing else to provide that nice glow to them.

#4. single raw file so used a GND in lightroom to bring down the sky a bit. Added a little saturation but nothing out of scope with that evening. That was such a nice sunset...I was literally giggling with joy for about an hour the light was so good. Picked my comp placement so that I would get as much reflection off the sand as possible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back