What's new

Recomend a remote flash trigger?

I've got the Yongnuo CTR-301P triggers via eBay. Very cheap, and so far almost perfectly reliable.
 


Jeeze. Any review? What are the cons?

The only cons I can report is that if you mount the flash backwards on the receiver it will not work or if you do not turn on the receiver or flash. Don't ask me how I know this. :blushing:

BTW, you do not have TTL with this set-up.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i got the ones mike is referencing...
they are great.
get them. ;)
 
B.T.W.

I have a couple sets of the older Cactus units...
but they just weren't working well enough for me, so I upgraded to the Cyber Sync system and can't be happier.
 
I've heard the V4's are improved. I think mine should be delivered today so I hope to find out soon. I figured for $40 they're worth a shot. If they turn out to be crap, I'll probably get Cyber Sync's down the road.
 
I've got the Yongnuo CTR-301P triggers via eBay. Very cheap, and so far almost perfectly reliable.


what do you mean but almost perfectly reliable? had any problem so far?
i was looking at these a couple days ago.
 


Jeeze. Any review? What are the cons?
I have used the iShoot trigger system.

I didn't read any reviews before I bought them because for what they do, they are very inexpensive.

There have been 2 mis-fires out of 1000 or so trigger events, but for the cost and the fact I don't use them for critical assigments, I don't care if there is an occasional misfire.

I haven't needed to trigger them at more than 100 feet away, but they worked well at 100 feet.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
the only issue I have with the ishoot is it comes from China, not wild about ordering from there, any idea how long shipping takes?
 
I think I remember someone recently ordering Cactus V4's from the Gadget Infinity link above (which ships from Hong Kong), or at least some triggers from China (could have also been off eBay). I would expect the shipping to take 2 weeks or so, in general. Worth noting, MPEX also carries Cactus V4s and ships from OH.
 
The only reason I don't want the V4's is that I don't want to wait 2ish weeks for them to get to me. Then what if I get a bad unit and have to return it? 2 weeks for it to get back to them then 2 more for a new one to arrive? 6 weeks!!!!! I know I know I'm a pessimist. :/ Anyone know if there are retailers here in the US?

I think I'm going with the cybersyncs even though I hate that their receivers don't have hotshoe mounts.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom