Recommend Me a Super Zoom Point and Shoot

Rekd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
amusingscribe.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've got a 7D with lots of good glass that's my bread and butter. It has served me well so far and I'm going to get a secondary DSLR body as a backup and to allow me to carry two attached lenses.

But I also want to get another point and shoot that I can carry with me and take into events that don't allow cameras with detachable lenses.

I'm looking at the Canon Powershot SX10 IS. It looks pretty good, but probably has a little more zoom than is usable. At least without a tripod.

Anyone using this P/S? What other good options should I look at?

TYIA

Panansonic TZ8 (ZS5 in some countries) Vario-Elmar '25-300mm'. Not ultra-compact but easily carried in a pocket. Very nice JPEGs. Sells for about $200 in Europe.

I've got a 7D with lots of good glass that's my bread and butter. It has served me well so far and I'm going to get a secondary DSLR body as a backup and to allow me to carry two attached lenses.

But I also want to get another point and shoot that I can carry with me and take into events that don't allow cameras with detachable lenses.

I'm looking at the Canon Powershot SX10 IS. It looks pretty good, but probably has a little more zoom than is usable. At least without a tripod.

Anyone using this P/S? What other good options should I look at?

TYIA

Panansonic TZ8 (ZS5 in some countries) Vario-Elmar '25-300mm'. Not ultra-compact but easily carried in a pocket. Very nice JPEGs. Sells for about $200 in Europe.

That's quite a package!

I like that camera. If it had a viewfinder it would be worth looking into. I need a viewfinder because even with my glasses on I'd have to hold the camera out at arm's length to focus on the display, and that's too uncomfortable, not to mention more shaky than if I can have my elbows tucked in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back