Recommendations for transmitters/receivers?

photop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The threads about this I've seen here are several years old so thought I would ask about reliable transmitter/receivers and see which brand keeps coming up. I purchased the cactus v6s years ago and have had nothing but problems with them. I did update the firmware on them. So am looking to replace them with something more reliable. Many thanks!

I'm a fan of Godox and have the X Pro N transmitter which mounts on the hot shoe and the X 1N R, which mounts on a stand and has a hot shoe for the flash unit (or a cable to a strobe). I have a couple of Godox V1N flash units. Never had a problem with any Godox equipment. The flash unit accessories are magnetic, so it's easy to use gels, barn doors, diffusers, ...

I purchased the cactus v6s years ago and have had nothing but problems with them. I did update the firmware on them. So am looking to replace them with something more reliable.
I have had a set of Neewer PT-16GY (1 xmtr, 4 rcvrs) for about 4 years and they have been reliable. I use them with a set of Vivitar 283 flashes modified for low shoe voltage and manual flash duration adjustment.

Most reactions

Back