recording device

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
know of a good one? i want to record my kids' voices, convert to mp3 and use in powerpoint. what's the best (cheapest, yet w/ decent quality) way to go? anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

There are different ways to record voice etc. the probably most effective is Mini Disc (but there are many many Mp3 players that can record voice via a integrated microphone).

A microphone is really all you need. You can use a program like cool edit to record the voice... you can easily remove background white noise and add a little reverb to give it some depth.

voodoocat said:
A microphone is really all you need. You can use a program like cool edit to record the voice... you can easily remove background white noise and add a little reverb to give it some depth.

ya, but don't you need to cart a computer around with you to do this? i'd like to be able, for instance, to record them in the car when they sing their car-ride songs.......

Ah ok. I thought you meant you were gonna sit em down and make em say stuff... hmm, there are mini digital recorders. I got my bf one for christmas a couple years ago, it's was about $80 at the time, I am sure they are less and better now.

There are also some portable music devices with a built in digital recorder. $50-80 probably...

oriecat said:
Ah ok. I thought you meant you were gonna sit em down and make em say stuff... hmm, there are mini digital recorders. I got my bf one for christmas a couple years ago, it's was about $80 at the time, I am sure they are less and better now.

you don't recall any specs, do you?

I think it might be [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00004U9NQ/qid=1094347677/sr=8-7/ref=pd_ka_7/002-6766914-4990432?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846]this one[/ame].

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001MKTUS/qid=1094347677/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/002-6766914-4990432?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846]This one[/ame] looks better tho, since it can easily be hooked to the computer. I am not sure about how the one we have would do that. I think it can be done, but with some effort.

oriecat said:
I think it might be this one.

This one looks better tho, since it can easily be hooked to the computer. I am not sure about how the one we have would do that. I think it can be done, but with some effort.
i bleeeve that's what i'm lookin for. thank you very much, orie! :hug:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
hi! Actually my dad works in tv and once he brought home a professional microphone... No "noise" only clear sound but I use it exactly to my comp.

Most reactions

Back