Red door, window and cat

I like this image very much. I wonder if you thought about cropping in from the left side? The yellow on the pole doesn't work for me with the rest of the color palette , and draws my eyes to it.
Hello! This image reminds me Piet Mondrian. He used red, blue, white and yellow in his works. So I decided to leave yellow color on the left.

Hello! This image reminds me Piet Mondrian. He used red, blue, white and yellow in his works. So I decided to leave yellow color on the left.

I see what you mean, though I also agree that a sliver more could be cropped - at least enough so you can keep the yellow but leave out the second line of red on the very left and the bit of trees and sky in the top left corner. This is such a lovely picture and the focus should be on the squares and the colors and the cat. The elements on the far left are cluttered whereas the rest of the pictures is clean lines and the spare negative space of the white building and concrete floor.

Crop or no crop, I do still love this shot :)

Terrific shot! I must agree with the others, however, that it could be stronger if the red pole on the left side were cropped out. The yellow pole could then act as a nice vertical element that is part of this vibrant scene, without drawing the eye away from the cat, door and window, which seem the most important subjects here.

Great scene!

Edited to add: if you did decide to skim a little off the left (red pole), there's a small rectangular thing along the right side of the frame that could also be cleared out.

Sorry...it's just a unique and colorful image that has clearly excited a few of us! :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments guys!

Most reactions

Back