Red Dress Drone Project

Hmm, IMO, it would look stronger if we did not actually see the tower ... A lady in a square in a green square.

That was actually my initial vision, but it was very windy and I was unable to properly line the drone up for it. May give it another go sometime.

I think, part of the "magic" is not really being sure what we are looking at. The environment becomes the image.

If you have enough green field, let it take over the image ... I think the thing that is so attractive is the diminutive red dressed woman, that brings the viewer back to earth.

I like it a lot, but I like it even more cut in half. The whole bottom half is unnecessary for me.

I don’t know. I think I could go either way. I don’t honk the way he has it gives it a grounded feeling. The pier is attached to something; it is solid. I placed my hand over the lower half and it is still visually appealing to me but it gives a more floating, free feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Very nice Destin, I'm quite a fan of small poeple in a large landscape. 1st is superb, 2nd I also like the angle as you'd loose the height aspect, without it she could just be on the ground. I think the cloning needs a bit more care to follow the lines in the grass and to be built up using smaller sections of different parts of the image, it's a bit smudged in the whitish bit and there's an obvious duplicate of two bushes and ground patches.

Admittedly the first image was likely better, I still like this 2nd one. I lean toward staying away from cropping as the openess makes the image. The indentations in the grass surrounding the tower makes a nice pattern.

FYI I probably called you a bad name on Monday as I was forced to literally tear myself away from the drone display at Best Buy. I got away just in the nick of time as my hand was unconsciously reaching for the credit card.:aiwebs_016:

Great concept with some good execution. Looking forward to seeing more results. I know a couple who went to Iceland and she posed in elegant clothing on very rough, weather-beaten landscapes somewhat similar in concept to this (not red and not taken from the air but definitely shot from a distance) and they were powerful. I think continued variations on this (maybe on a rock in the middle of moving water, or in a rock garden, or a large tarmac (like an abandoned air strip) could all have similar impacts.

Your drone pics are ace, makes me want one so bad.

Hows life being Nikon free?

Your drone pics are ace, makes me want one so bad.

Hows life being Nikon free?

Thank you!

So far, so good. The real test will be the first time I use fuji for a paid shoot. Luckily that’s not anytime soon.

Great idea and great shots, especially the first.

Very nice. I agree, I could get rid of the bottom half. Nothing wrong with the picture as a whole though, just my preference.

Most reactions

Back