Red Dress.

Dollface

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dollface.net.au
Morning/evening/afternoon fellow TFP'ers.

This is a shot from my second ever Fashion Shoot. I was hired by the designer, and it was a little different for me, as I'm not always so "show the dress" style shooter.

Any comments, critiques or accolades:mrgreen: for this photo? Personally.. I'm thrilled with it. It's one of the 12 dresses (phew) that I shot in 3 hours.. Not a bad turn around, with pouring rain, and all shots outdoors..

Thanks for looking!

Victoria223_RT8.jpg

Canon 10d - 50mm f1.8. Slight adjusting in PS CS2 - Curves & overlay only.( not her curves. :greenpbl: . they're all natural. Would you believe she has a 3 year old son..)

Nice shot. I like the use of lines to bring out the models curves. I little too much crop off the top cutting off the tips of her fingers. I'm on a crappy monitor at this moment so it could be me but is the model's face a bit blurry?

Congrats on your shoot!

I haven't actually cropped it.. that was just the framing of the shot.. Live & learn :)

I've just sharpened her face, ever so slightly.. Does that look better?

Thanks!

Truth is I know nothing about fashion photography. Best I can tell the poses never look the way real people stand or sit in real life. So all I can say is that it's very well executed. Oh yeah I like the model's look which you captured well.

nice shot. I really like the location you chose for the background here, the lines and textures are great and add something extra i think

Technically it looks good...but the pose isn't doing it for me. They way she is standing, it leaves her right side too flat/straight looking...that combined with her body being perpendicular to the camera, makes her look too wide. I'm not a fan of society's idolization of the ultra skinny models, but I think her great curves could be accentuated more with a slightly different pose.

Also, you can put more emphasis on the dress be posing the model to be looking away from the camera. When she is looking at the viewer...it can tend to be more about the model and less about the dress/clothes/jewelry/accessories etc.

The background is a good choice. It goes well with the red.

I hope the picture can be a bit sharper. She's striking, lol.

The background is cool, but I think I would pull her away from it a bit and blur it out some. That would throw more emphasis on the dress. I also agree that the pose isn't doing much for me. Her lower half looks a bit more dull and in shadow than her upper half. Not a lot, but enough that the image looks like it could use more "pop".

Fashion is tough, though. I think you did great for your first outing.

Most reactions

Back