red land

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are some pics from the south of Luxemburg were the land is red....

blumm_.jpg

birke_1.jpg

birke4_1.jpg

birke3_1.jpg

birke2_1.jpg

birke1_1.jpg

there's something about #2 that keeps my attention. nice series!

Great shots :thumbup: .. three and six are really nice

As a sucker for close-up photography, I must like Photo 1.
And I am wondering what it is that makes that area of your little country so red. You could fool people and say it is Australia ;) (probably not really... I haven't seen a great amount of birch trees there :greenpbl: ).

I really quite like the last one, too. Did you do something about the saturation in that one, desaturating the background a little while pushing colours of the path? Or is this the way it looks and the way your camera captured it? I am curious now. (And planning to go visiting your country! Must be worth the while!!!)

Thank you!

Well actually I did SOMETHING to the last picture but I couldn't exactly tell what. I did darken the backlight and something to the saturation but I dont really know what...
Is there someplace in PS where I could check what I did to a picture?

I attach the original picture so you can see by yourself!

birke_5.jpg

As to the red color of the earth it comes from the large amount of iron ore (is that what you call eisenerz in english?) down in the south...

I took the picture in an abandoned area of the south where they used to extract this iron ore to produce steel...

Iron ore is the very word, yes :D
As to your PS question... erm... I don't know, either. But the effect you achieved looks good! I like it.

Most reactions

Back