red morph screech owl.

What happened to the other one? That is the same tree you sold me the picture of isn't it? Did someone takeover?

around here there was a tree that had a red morph, then a grey was hanging around for a bit. If you're lucky they're a mating pair, because (although I never got to see it in person) a bunch of people got photos of them together in the same hole which was awesome.

What happened to the other one? That is the same tree you sold me the picture of isn't it? Did someone takeover?

Very nice! My book says Eastern Screech Owls can be either color.

around here there was a tree that had a red morph, then a grey was hanging around for a bit. If you're lucky they're a mating pair, because (although I never got to see it in person) a bunch of people got photos of them together in the same hole which was awesome.

20151211-DSC_6588 by Daniel Caldwell, on Flickr

that one is smaller than the grey morph, they do not change colors so its a different owl, i have heard the 2 owls calling to each other before so i know there is more than one screech owl there

i am guessing it is a mating pair sharing the hole ( this one has never been in that hole before though ) , or that one kicked the other one out, i dont really know for sure.. other people that know of this owl hole are also wondering why that one is there, the grey owl is the only one that has ever been seen in the hole till a few days ago..

here is a photo of each one..

20151211-DSC_6588 by Daniel Caldwell, on Flickr

20151106-DSC_3247.jpg

thanks everyone, i think i cropped that one too much, got a little too noisy when it shows up in a large size

You can only crop so far before things begin to fall apart but at normal viewing size, this Owl hold up to nice scrutiny.

Most reactions

Back