What's new

Red ring time

SensePhoto

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
352
Reaction score
28
Location
USA, PA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The choices:

24-70mm f/2.8L $1,350

24-105mm f/4L IS $1,100

Going on crop sensor body, will replace 17-135mm IS kit lens for general use.

Already own:
70-200mm f/2.8 L IS, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4, Canon 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

The goal is to eventually cover all focal ranges. As far as wide angle goes have my mind set on tokina 11-16mm.

I think someone had a debate on this before but i couldnt find it anywhere, i would really appreciate your input.

 
24mm was entirely too long on a APS-C canon for me. It's perfect on my 5D MKII, but not so much on my 30D and everything I've owned before that. That being said, if you were going to choose between the two, I'm a fan of the 24-70 f/2.8L all the way. It has a wider aperture, which will let in more light and allow for shallower DOF where the only thing going for the 24-105, IMHO, is the extra focal length. I also have a 70-200 f/2.8L IS, so that's not an issue for me.

I had the 24-70 when I bought my 5D MKII, which came with the 24-105 as buying the kit was the only way to find the camera at the time. First thing I did was put the 24-105 on POTN for sale. Had it sold with 24 hours and out of my house within the week.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom