Red rocks, water

Fox Paw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Critiques and criticism are always welcome.

Closeupofrocksandwater.jpg

I like this, but it's a bit dark. Where was the sun when you took it? You might consider brightening it up a bit.

Sedona?

Thanks, Ian. This was in the bottom of a canyon and the sun was nowhere around. I've vacillated about brightening it but you're probably right.

PS: West fork of Oak Creek Canyon, north of Sedona.

PPS: Here's a lighter version. I think I prefer the darker one.

Closeupofrocksandwaterbrighter.jpg

Last edited:
What I would suggest rather than simply brightening the image is to work with the levels/curves to improve the exposure a little bit as well as boosting the saturation. Additionally, it needs levelling - badly. The water's running out of the picture onto my keyboard! ;)

What I would suggest rather than simply brightening the image is to work with the levels/curves to improve the exposure a little bit as well as boosting the saturation. Additionally, it needs levelling - badly. The water's running out of the picture onto my keyboard! ;)
I concur!

Here's a lighter version. I think I prefer the darker one.

Closeupofrocksandwaterbrighter.jpg

I agree, but think a bit of saturation might help. Maybe some fidgeting with the curves would do it.

.... hands tirediron a roll of paper towels ... :)

Sorry about the wet keyboards. :)

Actually, the camera was level. I'm not quite sure what creates the impression that it wasn't but I can see how people are seeing it that way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back