Red Rose

MATTY_T

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this photo back on mothers day and I finally got around to editing it. This was shot with my new (at the time it was new) Macro lens. C&C please! Thanks. :)

rose_small.png

Post-processing seems a bit heavy-handed (did you burn the background? Or is that a levels layer with a mask? I can't tell for sure, but the upper petal shows signs of not being removed like it was for the rest of the flower). I agree with Al-Wazeer; I'd get right up in that flower and fill the frame - maybe try another angle or find a unique composition (maybe several roses pushed together?).

Post processing seems heavy-handed, I agree. Hard to comment beyond that.

Histogram is showing it over saturated. Reds are good, just over-saturated.

Otherwise this one has great potential.

Hello, I'd like to thank all of you for your feedback so far. Unfortantly the flower is already dead (i took this on mothersday) so it will be a while till i buy roses again! ha. But i like the idea of bunching them together, maybe I will do that next time.

As far as the comments about it being overprocessed... do you mean as in the saturation is too high like 'farmerj' stated? Looking at the photo again I realised it was. I guess I just got goofy last night. Anyways, i brought down the saturation on the red and the rest a little bit and cropped it a little tighter.

is this starting to look better? its a lot easier on the eyes to me looking like this.

Thanks again!

rose_hdr_edited.png

still think its over processed but not bad
clear.gif

ya, i keep comparing it to the original and it does look overprocessed. I shot in Raw and made this an HDR... maybe thats where I failed...? making it an HDR instead of a regular shot?

I have been playing with it and still get an over-processed look. It got a velvety look, but still...

If this is an HDR, that could explain part of it.

Could you try and PP the RAW image and see how that looks?

I have been playing with it and still get an over-processed look. It got a velvety look, but still...

If this is an HDR, that could explain part of it.

Could you try and PP the RAW image and see how that looks?

ya I can give that a try. I'll start on that tomorrow night after work and see what I can come up with and post it. Thanks for your help again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back