Red Square, "Hoochie Momma"

liltimmy1313

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I call it "Not as Special as you Think" for fairly obvious reasons.

Not a staged photo, just at the right place in the right time. BUT, the minute I saw this before my eyes, I knew I wanted it to look exactly as it does now.

I am just going to throw it out there and see whatcha think. C&C or just say nothing :)

Not_as_Special_as_you_Think_by_liltimmy1313.jpg

Not as Special as you Think by ~liltimmy1313 on deviantART
Original Link <--check it out to view larger or download it or whatever you want.

Normally Selective Color looks cheesy but considering the fact that her dress is vibrant Red Yellow and Green, I figured it only helped the cause of the photograph (In a place as special as Red Square, with famous monuments everywhere, your eye is still drawn to this hot shot 'hoochie momma,' creating an irony, because in reality she's not THAT important and she just seems relatively self-absorbed.)

That's how I see it at least.

i get the message here, and this is one of the rare occasions that i do like the selective coloring here.
i think youve nailed the concept, and your result is great.
well done.

Thanks everybody.

Sorry, the blonde was a random tourist, I shall never see her again.

And as for the horizon, my tripod was leveled, I used the built-in level, so unless my level is broken it's just an illusion of crooked. Thanks for noticing though.

Yeah, I think it was just an illusion... I was looking at the tops of the two tips on the main building, but if I look closer like I should have before commenting I see they are level, it's just the tops are cut off a little.

i get the message here, and this is one of the rare occasions that i do like the selective coloring here.
i think youve nailed the concept, and your result is great.
well done.

I agree. :thumbup: Very nicely done.

Okay Okay, I have pictures of the woman, but not the blond, the other woman in color, WHOSE INTERESTED?!! :lol: ;)

Very well done. It brings the two subjects out of the busy background to make your point without the selective coloring being garish.

Selective coloring is another one of those techniques that photogs whose only experience is digital think is new when it actually is quite old. Of course, we called it hand tinting/coloring. Unlike HDR, though, most of what I see done with selective coloring today I don't like.

Oh, I know for a fact that selective color isn't new or special, and often times it does look like garbage, but in some select situations it works, this being one of them.

I still need to master film, its just so damned expensive :er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back