Red Sweater // Fall Senior Portraits

JOSHardson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are from a senior portrait session I did in the fall. The first photo in my opinion is the best portrait I've ever done. I'd like to know what you think. C&C encouraged. Thanks for looking.

1)
10939670435_cd22e71b5d_b.jpg

2)
10939927393_18b8952831_b.jpg

Not bad; I think your DoF might have been a little shallow, especially on #2 as focus seems to fall of on his left cheek very quickly.

The direction of the light in #1 looks a bit high. I like to see more light in the top of the subjects eye sockets.
Note the shadows at the top of the eye sockets and under the lower eyelids in both shots.

Judging from the gray sclera and gray teeth, the second shot looks under exposed and could use some post process editing.

The way you have said "senior portrait session" makes me wonder - Were you paid to shoot the session?

The direction of the light in #1 looks a bit high. I like to see more light in the top of the subjects eye sockets.
Note the shadows at the top of the eye sockets and under the lower eyelids in both shots.

Thanks for the comment. I see your point. I probably could have dropped it a few inches and took care of that. I do try to keep a realistic natural light angle angle for off camera flash.

Judging from the gray sclera and gray teeth, the second shot looks under exposed and could use some post process editing.

I've probably seen too many over whitened teeth and eyes and am a little conservative with the whitening. I'm gonna give it a second pass.

The way you have said "senior portrait session" makes me wonder - Were you paid to shoot the session?

I was indeed paid for this job. I stopped working for free years ago.

Most reactions

Back