Red Tail (?) hawks

MitchP

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
They don't quite match Google's pictures, specifically no stripes on the tail feathers. Is that a normal variation of a Red Tail?

DSC_8895_1200px.jpg

DSC_8809_1200px.jpg

DSC_8900_1200px.jpg

DSC_8848_1200px.jpg

DSC_8982_1200px.jpg

DSC_8869_1200px.jpg

Thanks guys!

Nice set.

Many variations of the Red Tailed Hawk, size and markings. The easy divide is light and dark, but there are many other subtle differences in the spots and stripes.

Overused term is awesome, but in the case of being close to one of these, it's appropriate.

hawk-lawn-chair.jpg

Many variations of the Red Tailed Hawk, size and markings. The easy divide is light and dark, but there are many other subtle differences in the spots and stripes.

Overused term is awesome, but in the case of being close to one of these, it's appropriate.

Thanks RacePhoto! Nice shot!

A really nice set and some very good lighting.

I go here with my bird I.D. questions: Cornell Lab of Ornithology—Home
Thanks! I'm really lazy. Google is just right clicking on the pic. The only reason I want to ID them is to not appear a COMPLETE moron when posting here ;) Probably too late for that...

Thanks! I'm really lazy. Google is just right clicking on the pic. The only reason I want to ID them is to not appear a COMPLETE moron when posting here ;) Probably too late for that...
You'll never beat me... :loyal: My excuse now is Senior Moment, I play that card as an escape.

Truth is, I look and I try, but I'm just getting too old to give a damn about all that fuddy duddy stuff.

I used to have to take about 100 photos to get 6 that were possibly passable. Now it's 200. Either I'm losing it or I'm getting more critical? LOL

By the way, that hawk was driving through a camp ground, looking for wood that people leave behind after a race. Hardly had time to find whatever camera I used, low light and it wasn't the best shot. But the immense size, when they are on the ground is just amazing. They hardly look that large when soaring in the air.

I make images, because I'm having fun, not because I think anyone else will ever be impressed with what I do. It is purely for the enjoyment. Now and then of course I like to make some money, so I try to sell them on FAA or stock sites or to news publications.

Most reactions

Back