What's new

Red Tractor

greenjackson16

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 25, 2010
Messages
149
Reaction score
2
Location
Atlanta
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I love old decaying vehicles. Took this at a Christmas tree farm early December but just edited last night. Thoughts?


Farmall by greenjackson16, on Flickr
 
My first thought was - it's magenta. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Farmall.jpg

I think a deeper depth-of-field would have also helped.

8349248035_7a045a33ce_b_zps6bfd7b42.jpg
 
^^^^^ Now how is this better ????
 
The red of the re-edit looks much truer than the original post. There is, however, a green cast particularly visible on the left side of the image.
 
Last edited:
Owing one of these myself, I can tell you that (1) This unit is definitely NOT decaying, and (2) the true colour is about half-way between the OP's version and KmH's edit.
 
Mine is perhaps a bit too magenta however I don't like the re-edit. A little too green. I did my own, like the color on this one better?


Farmall Re-edit by greenjackson16, on Flickr
 
Owing one of these myself, I can tell you that (1) This unit is definitely NOT decaying, and (2) the true colour is about half-way between the OP's version and KmH's edit.

Perhaps decaying is harsh. But its not running anymore. Just a place for people to sit and take photos
 
Owing one of these myself, I can tell you that (1) This unit is definitely NOT decaying, and (2) the true colour is about half-way between the OP's version and KmH's edit.

Perhaps decaying is harsh. But its not running anymore. Just a place for people to sit and take photos
Any chance you can get back there, say late at night? I've got a few parts I need....


;)
 
The red of the re-edit looks much truer than the original post. There is, however, a green cast particularly visible on the left side of the image.

The red may be "better" but that is subjective but the highlight on the corrected image is blown out .... where I live tractors are big business and the color red is whatever the person repainting it chooses
 
I'm on a cheap laptop monitor, this looks right to me? I was going for fire engine red... over contrasted it though, oops!


$8349248035_7a045a33ce_ca.webp

in case you do like it, just thought I'd write out what I did before I forget in like 5 minutes....

photoshop

auto tone
auto contrast
auto color
brightness/contrast > up on both
sepia filter > weak level
curves > blue > weaken

I think that's it lol
 
Last edited:
What we need is a thread that discusses (and by "discusses", I mean vehemently debates the merits of) Farmall red, Massey-Harris red, Massey-Furgeson red, and International-Harvester red!!! Who's game for that???
 
^^^^^ Now how is this better ????

Who said it was supposed to be?

The edit was just to illustration something closer to the actual color. :lmao:

I even went so far as to include a link to a photo that represented the correct shade of red.

In fact, the OP's camera was likely set to an inappropriate white balance.
 
What we need is a thread that discusses (and by "discusses", I mean vehemently debates the merits of) Farmall red, Massey-Harris red, Massey-Furgeson red, and International-Harvester red!!! Who's game for that???
Farmall red and IH red are the same! The others are just...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom