What's new

Relearning the basics.

Grandpa Ron

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 9, 2018
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
760
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Having grown up in the film days when light meters and needle matching were the norm for setting aperture and speed, you would think a 4x5 view camera would be a snap.

Oh how easily we forget. :) On a recent outing I set the tripod and mounted the view camera. I took the light meter reading and set the shutter and snapped the photo. Oops I forgot to stop the aperture down from it's wide open position while focusing.

But wait there is more, you have to remove the dark slide "before" you take the picture. If you absent mindedly reach and grab the dark slide, instead of the film folder, it come out very easily. That is why they put those little hook on there.

I am sure many of you have such tales and more but having fun with an old view camera reminds me that I am a mere mortal.
 
It very quickly becomes second nature. I sometimes have to work hand-held with Crown or Super Graphic, and have to work fast as well, that's when you really learn to use equipment methodically.

Ian
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom