TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is this your new dog? Very pretty face.

Is this your new dog? Very pretty face.

Thank you. Yes this is Phoebe, she's another rescue. Just a little over two, her first life wasn't the best as an outside hunting dog. She was extremely timid of humans, no idea what toys, playing, and inside life was about. She's so much different now than 3 weeks ago.

She looks like an English Springer Spaniel mixed with Irish Red and White Setter. Are you going to doggie dna?

What a photogenic face! I hope she gets used to the lights soon, she will be a charming subject. :)

She looks like an English Springer Spaniel mixed with Irish Red and White Setter. Are you going to doggie dna?

No she's a full blooded Brittany. As with all breeds there are variances in color, size, features, etc. She's on the small side for breed standard, but then again she was slightly malnourished and underweight.

@terri thank you. She's getting better by leaps and bounds, her real personality is starting to come out.

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting to watch her as she learns her new life is going to be so much better. We'll want to see comparison shots between this one and next year at this time. She'll be all smiles. :)

@terri her foster mom (who was also Sadie's foster) follows the 3-3-3 guide. 3 days to get over being scared, 3 weeks to settle in, and 3 months to take over. We're at the 3 weeks mark and she's already started staking out her territory.

No she's a full blooded Brittany. As with all breeds there are variances in color, size, features, etc. She's on the small side for breed standard, but then again she was sl8ghtly malnourished and underweight.

@terri thank you. She's getting better by leaps and bounds, her real personality is starting to come out.

@terri her foster mom (who was also Sadie's foster) follows the 3-3-3 guide. 3 days to get over being scared, 3 weeks to settle in, and 3 months to take over. We're at the 3 weeks mark and she's already started staking out her territory.
Pretty much the timeline when we rescued Harlie. Now she’s my boss.

Beautiful looking lady.

Nice shot of mans best friend.

Phoebe is photogenic. Your lighting is so perfect. And again with the full black background. Hopefully Phoebe will relax as time goes on with her new home.

Phoebe is photogenic. Your lighting is so perfect. And again with the full black background. Hopefully Phoebe will relax as time goes on with her new home.

Thank you. Best investment ever was a 7' umbrella and diffusion cover. I'm sure Phoebe and I will get a lot of practice in studio 😁 As to backgrounds you really only need one, but I have three for convenience a white, gray and black. Using Dean Collins Chromazones method i can turn black to white, white to black or any shade of tonal range in between by altering the difference in the reflective reading of the background vs the subject. Adding gelled lights I can turn the background any shade I want. Adding textures is easy in PS using overlay blend. I've only bought a couple of specialty backgrounds in the last few years.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back