What's new

Remember that pen i made with wood from the USS Constitution....?

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here it is!!


penwatermark.jpg



Feel free to critique the photo, or the pen if you'd like.

Regards,
Jake
 
I think the DOF is too shallow, making the image soft at where it's supposed to be sharp. The lighting can also be better. For product shots, it's best to have every detail of the product being somewhat readable. Right now, the shadow is too strong, making 1/4 of the pen disappearing in the dark. The background can become darker or something to help the pen pop more.
 
I missed the thread where you explained how you got wood from the USS Constitution...is it still in Mystic? I was on her many...many years ago.
 
not only are you a great photographer, but you make damn classy pens as well :thumbup:
 
On this shot, I do think you should get all of the pen in focus. As far as the lighting is concerned, I think it's fine.

Nice work on the pen.
 
I missed the thread where you explained how you got wood from the USS Constitution...is it still in Mystic? I was on her many...many years ago.


I met Tommy Macdonald and toured his shop, and we ended up talking about pen making and he gave me three blanks of wood to make some pens out of it. This one is for him.

I'm not sure as to where it is now.

Regards,
Jake
 
On this shot, I do think you should get all of the pen in focus. As far as the lighting is concerned, I think it's fine.

Nice work on the pen.

I wanted a slightly more artistic shot than a simple side-on view of the pen. Thanks!

Regards,
Jake
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom