Remembering those who made the ultimate sacrafice.

|)\/8

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_12487.jpg

Georgia Soldiers who gave their lives in the war against terrorism.
IMG_12502.jpg

IMG_12495.jpg

Fallen Heroes Memorial.
IMG_12586.jpg

Retiring old flags with respect.
IMG_12629.jpg

IMG_12610.jpg

Legion Riders.
IMG_12638.jpg

IMG_12622.jpg

I really like this photo series. It shows a lot of emotion and brings a tear to my eye.
Photo #5 is startling, I guess just because the flag is burning. So, I am curious, how do you retire an old flag by burning it, without being disrespectful? Do you seperate the stars and stripes?
#4 I love the effect you did with blurring the edges and having the Memorial the only thing in focus. It accomplishes the desired effect, very emotional! Great job! And again great job with the series!!

I really like this photo series. It shows a lot of emotion and brings a tear to my eye.
Photo #5 is startling, I guess just because the flag is burning. So, I am curious, how do you retire an old flag by burning it, without being disrespectful? Do you seperate the stars and stripes?
#4 I love the effect you did with blurring the edges and having the Memorial the only thing in focus. It accomplishes the desired effect, very emotional! Great job! And again great job with the series!!

Thank you for your kind comments. Old flags may be turned over to local Scout Troops, VFW, American Legion, etc., for proper retirement. Here is one link I found that goes into some detail.

http://members.aol.com/standcmr/flagret.html

Here are a few more photos from the same ceremony, believe me, it was done with the utmost respect.

IMG_12624.jpg

IMG_12627.jpg

IMG_12631.jpg

Most reactions

Back