Remembrance

c.cloudwalker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just listened to a radio program that was very moving. The DJ started by talking about some people who passed away this past year and then opened the phone line to listeners. Some talked about famous people, others talked about friends or family members but always people who had touched them in some way.

Through this show I learned of the death in January of Kate McGarrigle and that was a downer since I am a big fan of her and her sister's music both in French and in English. RIP Kate.

Anyway the show was so nice I thought I would share a couple memories of my aunt Camille who passed away early this year just a couple months before her 100th birthday and some 25 years after she was told she had terminal cancer and had a couple years left. We called her aunt Tornado because she had so much energy most of us half her age couldn't keep up with her.

She was not really my aunt but she had never married and had no kids and she adopted her friends' kids as her own, kind of thing. She was a voracious reader partly because of meeting and becoming a close friend of Albert Camus who lived in her town for a while and she turned a lot of the local kids into readers.

Although not very rich, she was also a devoted patron of the arts and found ways to help artists around her.

RIP.

Hope you'll join me in sharing someone who passed away this year and influenced you in some way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats for that C. Cloud. I guess facing the fact that some have left us is a fact of life. My eldest daughter died May 1, just a week before Mother's Day. She left behind a great little girl (14). It was no accident and leaves me with mixed feelings.

Sorry for your loss Bynx, I can only imagine your pain. Somehow, as parents, we're supposed to go first.

Most reactions

Back