Remote Software?

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was reading in a book that there is software to remotely use a canon camera using a computer (mouse click as shutter, etc). I don't have this on the CDs that came with my XTi...

I also couldn't find anything on a google search, except one on cnet for Macs only. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
D'mitri

OP
D

Dmitri

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Wow great, thanks Dweller! All my searches came up with the Mac one.

:boogie:

OP
D

Dmitri

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
That's weird that it didn't come with any... my XT did.... I haven't actually used it other than the timed shots.

Turns out it did. I had no idea the EOS utility was the remote thing. Nowhere in the docs that came with the camera did it say that. I didn't install (or even open!) any of the disks that came with the camera, since I didn't need any of it.

Now I know better :)

Computer_Generated

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.acollectiveexperience.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
;) Well I gotta say I only installed it 'cause I was looking for timed release software... the second CD that came with mine was manuals for the software... I just read everything that crosses my path so I knew about it. Like I said, I haven't tried to use it yet though. :)

table1349

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Turns out it did. I had no idea the EOS utility was the remote thing. Nowhere in the docs that came with the camera did it say that. I didn't install (or even open!) any of the disks that came with the camera, since I didn't need any of it.

Now I know better :)

Did you read the docs that come on the disk that explains what each program does????

Most reactions

New Topics