remote strobes for my Nikon D2X

raydius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know very little (actaully nothing) about setting up remote strobes. I have a Nikon D2X and a Sigma EM-140 DG ring flash. I can't find anything in the D2X manual about remote set-up. Does this camera not have this option or am I missing something? If it does can anybody recommend some good flash units that work well with it? Thanks!

If you slap on an SB-800 or SU-800, you should be able to use that to trigger any number of SB600s or SB800s to your content. I do not think you will be abe to use iTTL (I could be wrong though). For best effect, each off camera flash woluld have to be set manually.

You can take full advantage of Nikon's CLS with an SU-800 or SB-800 as the commander and be using SB-800 or SB-600's as your slaves.

That includes full TTL metering.

Yes the D2X has no remote triggers on account of it not having an inbuilt flash. The D50-D300 models have wireless CLS which triggers from their inbuilt flash units. This capability can be added with either of the above mentioned things, BUT it is a waste of money in my opinion.

CLS has the advantage of allowing iTTL to work wirelessly, but seeing how you own a D2X I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you know how light exposure works anyway (distance from subject power aperture etc). A set of radio triggers may be a better idea. Either cheap ebay "flash triggers" or for the more professional and reliable solution the Pocket Wizards.

Most reactions

Back