Removing background from a poor portrait shot

Awiserbud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have been asked by a friend to do something with this photo, as you can see the background is awful, so i said i'd have a go.
I will be the first to admit i am not fantastic at this type of editing in PS, (i am using CS4) and all i had to work with was the print which i scanned using my Hp printer/scanner. (I had permission from the photog to do this)
I have edited the background by clone stamping sections to remove the fire alarm and signs and bluring it out to help it blend together better.
I think it looks better, but it still looks unatural,
How would you have tackled this? would you have used a similar process (but took more time, i probably spent about an hour or so) or used a different method, or would you have decided it just wasn't worth the hastle?

$portrait 01.jpg$portrait 02.jpg

I meant I would have switched the original to b&w and call it good. The truth is, it is just a snap shot. If I spend this much time fixing photos of just guests at the table, I need to get paid a lot more for weddings.

I agree its nothing special, I have no idea if it might be significant for other reasons, long lost relatives or something. I'll ask my friend why the couple specifically wanted something done with this shot. either way i'm not going to spend any more time with it.

Most reactions

Back