Reptiles from Cali Colombia

I love the 2nd and the 4th one.Good job!

Very nice shots of those guys.

the last is my favorite.

Nice shots; I really like 2 and 4.
Turtles spend most of their life in water and tend to have webbed feet; terrapins spend time on land and in water, and live close to water. Tortoises are land dwellers.

Nice shots; I really like 2 and 4.
Turtles spend most of their life in water and tend to have webbed feet; terrapins spend time on land and in water, and live close to water. Tortoises are land dwellers.
So can you tell if it is a Turtle or a Terrapin?

Great shots. Thanks for sharing.

It looks like a Slider of one kind or another, which are turtles. One Wikipedia article lists two Sliders native to Colombia - the Colombian Slider and the Meso-American Slider. I am no expert, I am a cartographer; I could make you a map of where turtles and terrapins live, but I'd have to research to figure out which one it is.

It looks like a Slider of one kind or another, which are turtles. One Wikipedia article lists two Sliders native to Colombia - the Colombian Slider and the Meso-American Slider. I am no expert, I am a cartographer; I could make you a map of where turtles and terrapins live, but I'd have to research to figure out which one it is.
Thanks for that a quick search shows they are quite similar. Colombia is often a depressing country when you ask the natives for names, often people have no idea of even the really common species.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back