Requesting Transparent Critique

M
To restructure my request - I am looking for insights as to how to make these photos more compelling and the composition better.
Ahh... O.K., then.

For composition, there are scads of books, articles, and on-line tutorials that cover composition at some level.

As for the shots you have already made, it is going to be difficult to point out where the better composition is without actually being there with you. Sometimes I see a better composition within the shot that can be made better by cropping, but frankly it is not always possible.

In the first one, I like the distant hills shrouded in haze, but the foreground is a little too heavy, or perhaps not needed at all.

In the second, you trained your camera on the alley, which in some cases might be a good shot, but here it just lacks interest. What has more interest for me is the colorful leaves juxtaposed against the sky. If you had shot just one tree-top with the sky for the background, it might have been better.
Damn I totally agree with you on both accounts. THat's valuable to hear. Thank you so much for taking the time

Most reactions

New Topics

Back