Rest In Peace

M

MDowdey

Ronald Reagan died this afternoon if anyone was interested.

im a firm believer in this country, and i might not agree with its leaders, but it is always a sad day when a person succumbs to something as tragic as alzheimers.

Rest in peace.

matthew

thank you, Gipper, for the good that you did...

may your soul find the light and the harmony,
amen.

toby

:cry:

despite what folks said about him, he will always have a place in my heart as being the first American President I can remember. I think he helped personify the 1980's, both the good and bad. I will always remember his warm friendly demeanor. Sad day indeed.

Very sad, he was a great President and a real man!

He was an icon. As Mark mentioned, he was the first American President that I could remember.

Not to stomp on someones grave because its always sad to see someone die, especally of something terrible like alzheimers but, I wanna thank former President Regan for all the things he left behind for us. A multi trillion national debt. A stockpile of useless nuclear weapons. The seeds of anti american sediment that we are now reaping the benefits of today, George Bush, who in turn spawned our current failure, i mean president. The Iran Contra scandal. And for shaping the republican party into the ultra conservative party that it is today. He didn't singlehandly end the Cold War. The Soviet Union imploded on itself. We had little to do directly with it. He also secretly negotiated with terrorists to help secure his first election. Great man? Great president? I am not so sure. Oh yeah two more words STAR WARS!! What a pile of crap.

Ok enough with that. I just wanna remind people that their are two sides to the story. To some he was great, to others he was not so great. Anyways, I am still sad to see anyone die. I will say he certainly was an icon. And he too is the first president that i remember. 93 is a good run for anyone though.

Havoc said:
Not to stomp on someones grave because its always sad to see someone die, especally of something terrible like alzheimers but, I wanna thank former President Regan for all the things he left behind for us. A multi trillion national debt. A stockpile of useless nuclear weapons. The seeds of anti american sediment that we are now reaping the benefits of today, George Bush, who in turn spawned our current failure, i mean president. The Iran Contra scandal. And for shaping the republican party into the ultra conservative party that it is today. He didn't singlehandly end the Cold War. The Soviet Union imploded on itself. We had little to do directly with it. He also secretly negotiated with terrorists to help secure his first election. Great man? Great president? I am not so sure. Oh yeah two more words STAR WARS!! What a pile of crap.

Ok enough with that. I just wanna remind people that their are two sides to the story. To some he was great, to others he was not so great. Anyways, I am still sad to see anyone die. I will say he certainly was an icon. And he too is the first president that i remember. 93 is a good run for anyone though.

no one is disputing his achievements or failures...the man died from alzheimers...thats a terrible way to leave...thats what i was saying....

md

Most reactions

Back