Retro Women/Housewife Photos

ThereSheGoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know this is really specific. I love the 40s & 50s clothing and hairstyles and all the bright colors. Some of the furniture is really cool too. I have an acquaintance who takes a lot of photographs like this, and I just love them! :mrgreen:

yeah, that type of work is becoming QUITE popular, done mostly by female photographers who work on a friend-to-friend and circle of friends basis, and market off of Facebook. The props and accessories are fairly simple....an old refrigerator, and old kitchen table and a few deco chairs, some checkerboard curtains, lotsa curlers and hairspray, pleated skirts, stockings and garters....etc.

"Real women" and "plus-sized women" (cough, cough, I know e.rose, I know) seem to be gravitating to this kind of approach to their intimate or boudoir shoots these days. There are some people who have refined this retro-styled boudoir/glamour/pinup/cheesecake photography to a pretty high level. I know two Facebook photographers within my circle are shooting this stuff.

yeah, that type of work is becoming QUITE popular, done mostly by female photographers who work on a friend-to-friend and circle of friends basis, and market off of Facebook. The props and accessories are fairly simple....an old refrigerator, and old kitchen table and a few deco chairs, some checkerboard curtains, lotsa curlers and hairspray, pleated skirts, stockings and garters....etc.

"Real women" and "plus-sized women" (cough, cough, I know e.rose, I know) seem to be gravitating to this kind of approach to their intimate or boudoir shoots these days. There are some people who have refined this retro-styled boudoir/glamour/pinup/cheesecake photography to a pretty high level. I know two Facebook photographers within my circle are shooting this stuff.

That's awesome. I need to raid my mother's apartment for some props (she was born in the 40s, and has a lot of her mom's old stuff) and take some photos of my own willing friends. :)

It's Pin-Up photography. It's OFTEN seen in boudoir photography. Just google Pin Up Photographer and you'll find TONS

It's Pin-Up photography. It's OFTEN seen in boudoir photography. Just google Pin Up Photographer and you'll find TONS

Hmm... but I don't necessarily mean just the scantily clad ones. Like wearing a regular dress and dishwashing gloves and curlers or something LOL.

Last edited:
I like some of the Pin Up style work I've seen, but as w/anything "fad-ish", it is already becoming overdone. Unless your decor is vintage 40's, where would the prints look appropriate other than the Internet or in a portfolio? Call me crazy, but I prefer to live in the present instead of reshooting history. After all, photogs from that era did a great job capturing it already right? Just sayin:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back