Review: Giottos Rocket Blower (Large)

xfloggingkylex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...s&Q=&sku=259157&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

I just want to say, this is probably the best 16 dollars I have spent on camera gear to date. First off, when they say large, they mean large. Also, this thing BLOWS, and I mean that in a very good way. It completely cleaned my sensor off with just a few puffs.

I'm including some pics of before and after for my sensor to show how well this thing worked, and I'll add some pictures of the rocket itself for comparison in size. (before and afters are 1024x768 because I felt it needed to be as large as possible to show the effect, sorry dial-upers)

Before: Notice the dust, mostly on the top half of the picture. There are 2 very noticable spots. F/32 for both pictures
before.jpg

After: 5 or so puffs of air with the mirror locked up in sensor cleaning mode
after.jpg

Just to show you how large the Large Blower is:
GiottosRocketcomparedtoSodaCan.jpg

and I want to say, I have never cleaned a sensor before so it's not like I have any skills or special abilities, its just really that easy.

I have also used this blower to clean out the dust from my keyboard, parts of my computer (mainly the fans) as well as any specs on the viewfinder and on lenses themselves (so I dont have to touch them). In the 3 days that I have had this it has more than paid for itself.

Got mine from B&H (was 16 something shipped to my door). ordered it tuesday night, they said it shipped on thursday (I blame the long processing to the fact that they were closed for 10 days and probably had LOADS of orders to process) and I had it friday. I live in Maryland, so it isn't that far away, but I always get packages in 1 day from B&H using UPS 3-5 day shipping.

I bought mine form a place called Glazers here in Seattle, and I love it. It cleans everything.

I have never cleaned a sensor before so it's not like I have any skills or special abilities, its just really that easy.

Reminds me of a "as seen on TV" commercial.

I didn't know that a blower could clean a sensor that good?!

Reminds me of a "as seen on TV" commercial.

I didn't know that a blower could clean a sensor that good?!

haha, yeah, I just wanted to emphasize that it is really that easy to get a clean sensor. I was a little skeptical at first, figuring it would clean the largest pieces, but it seems to have gotten it all. :thumbup:

I have the generic version of that unit and it works great!!
mine doesnt have the tail fins but it is virtually the same thing and yeah it BLOWS!:)

Awesome, how much did your generic version cost you, and from where?

Anyone who has dust problems (which means anyone with a DSLR) should invest in a quality blower IMO. Cleaning even once makes it worth the sub 20 dollar price tag.

Awesome, how much did your generic version cost you, and from where?

Anyone who has dust problems (which means anyone with a DSLR) should invest in a quality blower IMO. Cleaning even once makes it worth the sub 20 dollar price tag.

I bought it from a camera repair shop(vintec camera for those of you in south Houston) while on vacation in Houston.I paid 10-12USD for it at the shop and the Giotto was 16USD I think.

I agree that they work really well.I also had alot of dust spots on my pics and since I started using it I have had no problems.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back