Reviews

Indecent Exposures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

Has anyone come across a good (reliable!) source of reviews for DSLRs? I have had an Olympus E-500 for more than five years (bought because of the good range of reasonable lenses that came with it) but am now looking to upgrade. Any recommendations also appreciated - would be happy to buy body-only this time with specific lenses as and when needed/affordable, as I can still use the Olympus in the meantime.

I don't have any particular attachment to Olympus, and there seem to be a lot of advantages to the range of support/communities for Canon, Nikon etc.

Many thanks

Chris

I have found that dpreview makes the best reviews, hands down.

Last edited by a moderator:
I 100% agree with Steve and TheBiles. I never make any major purchase without consulting dpreview. They have the most complete review I have found online and they have some amazing tools as well such as their side by side comparisons, buyers guides etc.

I like DPReview.

On so very many sites I usually detect a bias ... a way of doing either inaccurate reviewing or lets just say "conveniently incomplete" reviews (e.g. only highlight the features where brand A is better than brand B and sort of forget to mention the features where brand B is better than brand A.)

But I do find that DPReview doesn't seem to play favorites so much. Their test-shots match-up to my real-world experience with the cameras I do eventually buy.

Most reactions

Back