Ricoh GRII Shots From Today

Fujidave

Blue eyed and Beautiful
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a little review really for @waday about the Ricoh GRII as I got out today for a good test run with it. All shots are Jpeg ONLY as that`s what I set the camera too, I can`t remember the effects settings I used but it`s something like High Contrast B&W,RETRO,B&W, and some others in any order. The GRII is smaller than my Fuji X100F and the great thing about the GRII is the rough texture on the front as you do not have to worry about it being slippery at all, the menu is very easy to use and shooting at iso 3200 is a breeze as there some some black and white jazz shots in the Black and White thread. So enough of waffering on here are todays shots all in Jpeg only and only cropped.

Booze.jpg

R0000237.jpg

R0000242.jpg

R0000245.jpg

R0000247.jpg

R0000289.jpg

R0000292.jpg

R0000316.jpg

Retro.jpg

These are the jazz shots at 3200 iso

Link

Thanks so much for posting these. I’m a fan of the B&W shots. I also like the processing in 9. ISO 3200 looks very useable.

I like that it’s so small and pocketable.

Question on shots 1. 3, and the first in the last post here, they seem very “HDR”. Is that a function of the camera settings?

Thanks so much for posting these. I’m a fan of the B&W shots. I also like the processing in 9. ISO 3200 looks very useable.

Question on shots 1. 3, and the first in the last post here, they seem very “HDR”. Is that a function of the camera settings?

Hi Wade, yes it is an HDR setting that I used in the shots you say about. I think there is about ten different effects you can use in camera, I think the 4th one is Clarity.

High contrast B&W Jpeg GRII.

R0000329.JPG

I like the fence shadow, I think it is, in black and white. Also really like the first one because it involves beer [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I like the fence shadow, I think it is, in black and white. Also really like the first one because it involves beer [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes it is a fence/railing on my Mums balcony and that pint was nice and cold too.

Hi Wade, yes it is an HDR setting that I used in the shots you say about. I think there is about ten different effects you can use in camera, I think the 4th one is Clarity.
Ah ok, thanks. The clarity one looks pretty good, too. I’m not a fan of the HDR ones, but that’s just my own personal preference.

Thanks again for posting these. I’ll probably end up getting one, as I want a point and shoot that’s not my phone. And that’s really simple. With my daughter starting to get bigger and walk around, I need to go super light most of the time.

I`m not 100% on the HDR shots, but I do know you can change the + or - as that is what I was ding yesterday.

@waday on the GRII there is a thing called Snap Focus, you can set it to different lengths like 1m 2m 2.5m and infinity then you just press the shutter straight down and it takes a shot.

@waday on the GRII there is a thing called Snap Focus, you can set it to different lengths like 1m 2m 2.5m and infinity then you just press the shutter straight down and it takes a shot.
That's pretty cool, I did read about that. So, that'd be great for street shots, or shots of the daughter when she's walking toward me LOL

Plus if your in to macro you just press up on the D pad.

I love the B&W porch shot. I also like # 7 and #8, those are nice. I might sometime shoot those again with less foreground, keep the downspout pipe thingy to the left and the trash bag to the right out of the frame. I think a little tighter sometimes could be better.

Can't say I care for the HDR look, I can't figure out, well, why people like it! lol I don't get it, isn't quite sharp but overly sharp, color's off, I dunno, doesn't work for me. But maybe fun to experiment with.

For whatever reason your photos got me thinking about photographers like Cartier-Bresson, Brassai, etc. and my all time fav, Kertesz. If you haven't you might want to look up photography of those type photographers. Steichen Stieglitz Strand (I forget the order of their names on the title of the book.). You're not exactly doing street, it's more along the lines of those I mentioned I think.

I love the B&W porch shot. I also like # 7 and #8, those are nice. I might sometime shoot those again with less foreground, keep the downspout pipe thingy to the left and the trash bag to the right out of the frame. I think a little tighter sometimes could be better.

Can't say I care for the HDR look, I can't figure out, well, why people like it! lol I don't get it, isn't quite sharp but overly sharp, color's off, I dunno, doesn't work for me. But maybe fun to experiment with.

For whatever reason your photos got me thinking about photographers like Cartier-Bresson, Brassai, etc. and my all time fav, Kertesz. If you haven't you might want to look up photography of those type photographers. Steichen Stieglitz Strand (I forget the order of their names on the title of the book.). You're not exactly doing street, it's more along the lines of those I mentioned I think.

Thank you Sharon, I will look up the folk you said about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back