Jazz with Ricoh GRII

Another but High contrast setting.

R0000191.jpg

I have the Ricoh GXR, love mine.

I really like these, but it might be better to not always shoot so wide (with such a short lens). The top left is getting visually cluttered. I like the lamppost etc. seen thru the window but if there's signage/lettering it needs to be visible, out of view, or think about where it is in your frame and how it's cut off. You don't need the ceiling lights, or the edge of the door, or the framed photo upper left that's hard to see; maybe a step or so to the left? or a somewhat different angle/perspective/vantage point.

I love the artwork of the 'judges', and the checkerboard floor. You are really showing us an interesting view of life where you live, makes me think it would be a cool place to go (which to me means the photo is effective).

I learned somewhere along the way to look thru the viewfinder and see what I see; then maybe take a step or two and look again, is it better or worse? Do I need to move up, back, scrunch down? somehow change the vantage point, adjust the framing of the shot. I feel like I often want to remind people your feet are not glued to planet earth! lol Sometimes changing your vantage point can make a difference.

Doesn't the GR II have a 28mm equivalent lens, like the original GR?

I think the 2nd shot needed to be exposed more in-camera.

I think I agree, but was trying for an old school dark b&w.

I have the Ricoh GXR, love mine.

I really like these, but it might be better to not always shoot so wide (with such a short lens). The top left is getting visually cluttered. I like the lamppost etc. seen thru the window but if there's signage/lettering it needs to be visible, out of view, or think about where it is in your frame and how it's cut off. You don't need the ceiling lights, or the edge of the door, or the framed photo upper left that's hard to see; maybe a step or so to the left? or a somewhat different angle/perspective/vantage point.

I love the artwork of the 'judges', and the checkerboard floor. You are really showing us an interesting view of life where you live, makes me think it would be a cool place to go (which to me means the photo is effective).

I learned somewhere along the way to look thru the viewfinder and see what I see; then maybe take a step or two and look again, is it better or worse? Do I need to move up, back, scrunch down? somehow change the vantage point, adjust the framing of the shot. I feel like I often want to remind people your feet are not glued to planet earth! lol Sometimes changing your vantage point can make a difference.

Thank you Sharon, I don`t actually like doing HDR as this was more a test run and quick review for waday. I think it will be the b&w settings I use the most as this camera is great for black and whites.

Doesn't the GR II have a 28mm equivalent lens, like the original GR?

I don`t actually know, but I love this camera.

Most reactions

Back