What's new

Ridge Run

Excuse my hippy vocabulary, but #1 kicks ass
 
Thanks Ed ;)
 
I could see #1 hanging in a lot of Cracker Barrel's
 
Yeah, I never thought of that, but you're right. It won't be around much longer sitting outside. If you look close, the letters are actually screw heads
 
Yeah, I never thought of that, but you're right. It won't be around much longer sitting outside. If you look close, the letters are actually screw heads
I saw that right away. great find.
 
I like the window the best because it speaks of days long past better to me. Things not to be seen again. They are all very nice though. Have you tried a b&w version yet?
 
Thanks Onerider. I probably won't convert these. I still revert back to my film days and visualize before taking the photo if they are intended as color or B&W. These were all intended to remain color, and back in my film days I would have grabbed the color back or body.
It may be narrow minded, but once I make that commitment, I try to keep it.
 
Thank you. I appreciate that, I do like my weather wood B&W's ;)
but with these I saw...
obviously the colors and rust on the sign,
the red strings on the windows,
...and the earthy tones with the bluish sliver weathered wood.

Out of all three, the doors would make a desent B&W, but IMO the window and sign would both go down a notch,
 
Nice work Rick. I would try #1 as a B&W. The rest are fine as they are.
 
OK. I agree. But I think it's still a bit flat. Personal preference, but I did this after seeing that B&W was a bit tough to pull off here:

i-ScfPgVL-XL.jpg


I wanted to bring out more of the texture.
 
Yeah, I see what you mean. Nice edit. I'll have to go back and play with it a little more
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom