What's new

Riding the ship of the desert

Banana_Joe

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
25
Reaction score
9
Location
Italy
A picture of a dromedary (and its rider) I took in Egypt, C&C appreciated.
$Egitto (1) copy copy.webp
 
Last edited:
First impressions: the boy is out of focus and you have the hills in the background cutting through the middle of his head.

WesternGuy
 
First impressions: the boy is out of focus and you have the hills in the background cutting through the middle of his head.

WesternGuy
He's out of focus on purpose, I wanted the dromedary to be the real subject.
 
Well, with the title you posted, I would think that the whole camel and rider would be in focus.

If you wanted more focus on the camel than it's rider, I would have shot with a shallower DOF to knock the rider out of focus more. It would have been a great shot if the rider and camel were all in focus, and the mountain wasn't going through the rider's head
 
Well, with the title you posted, I would think that the whole camel and rider would be in focus.

If you wanted more focus on the camel than it's rider, I would have shot with a shallower DOF to knock the rider out of focus more. It would have been a great shot if the rider and camel were all in focus, and the mountain wasn't going through the rider's head
You're right I chose a bad title (I'll see if I can change it)! Actually in term of focus I got what I was looking for, I wanted the dromedary to be sharp (as the subject), the rider to be clearly discernible but a bit blurry (as secondary subject) and the background to be out of focus. The mountain is a bit unfortunate but doesn't disturb me too much because of the focus difference.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom