Rikoh KR 10 super shutter problem

Sans ink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had this kr 10 super from my great grandpa, and on one occasion it decided to jam itself after the last frame. Mirror is still up, iris arm is still active and the shutter is 2/3 the way up the frame.
Cocking arm doesn’t move and shutter button doesn’t do anything. Batteries were ok, but I don’t know if I should try and fiddle around the camera Willy-nilly . I have a bit of camera repair experience, but if there’s anything that rings anyone’s bell I would like to know.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Thanks!

Your Ricoh has an electronically controlled shutter so it is likely that an electronic component has failed.
Repairs would likely cost far more than simply finding another, working K-mount body.

Sure, that could be it :)
But the shutter being a fraction left open seems like a mechanical failure. If the electronics failed then wouldn’t it default to the mechanical speed like when the batteries aren’t in?

I wish you luck in your endeavor to persevere.

Try setting the shutter speed to X or B.
If that does not help ... then politely push the shutter blades down (you can use a finger on both hands) and let go.

2F893540-D16F-4990-B129-D21892BFEE86.jpeg
Ok so I opened the bottom to find that the shutter cocking mechanism was confused. I found out a bit about repairing these cameras on the way.
1. The shutter button is electrical, so the shutter is only enabled when the shutter is fully cocked.
2. By disengaging the lock that holds the wonder so that you don’t wind too far and cocking the shutter again, I was able to release the shutter, resetting the whole system so that it fixed!

so in order to fix these jams, getting to a point where you can reset the mechanical system by firing the shutter allows for the camera to work itself together again!

Last edited:
Good job on your shade tree camera mechanicing work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back