Rimrock

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
One of the best features in Billings is the Rimrocks which line the city. These 200' cliffs offer so much exploration opportunities. In some places where huge slabs have fallen, these cool slits are formed - over time water forms chambers large enough to climb through.

I didn't have much time today, but I noticed an easily accessible slit I hadn't seen before. Will return soon, as this is only a few blocks from where I live.

The sandstone is hard to work with though, there is a lot there but it's hard to photograph. Often things get overcooked pretty quickly. Your comments on this are appreciated:

6675906837_fa0199cbb3_b.jpg

I am trying to think ... I want to say I have seen some shells, but that might have been where I used to live in WY.

I'd imagine there should be, these are the banks of an ancient inland sea.

Can you tell me a bit more of what you meant by having to "look at it from a different point of view"? I'm by no means offended, but I am curious why so many people don't seem to appreciate what I'm into.

This is really striking!!! I liked the over all tone and the mood it conveys; the dark bushes is a strong element within the frameRegards :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back